Purpose and objectives of the role
A P.C.B. Operator is an operator who works in the designated department within the Printed Circuit Division. The operator will be trained in several different processes/ machines within that department. They may also be trained to work within different departments within the division.
The main departments within the division are: –
Machining – Department includes operating CNC Drilling and CNC Routing equipment
Wet Process – Department includes operating PLC controlled chemical process equipment, Operating Semi-Automated Direct Imaging systems
Printing and Surface Finishing – Department includes Screen Printing, operating PLC controlled chemical process equipment
Post-production – Includes – Router, Electrical Test and Final Inspection – Department includes operating CNC Routing equipment, semi-automated electrical test equipment, inspecting end-product for despatch.
Main duties and responsibilities
To Interface with the production management system.
- To Work equipment/machinery to proscribed procedures and in a safe manner
- To follow the prescribed production and quality procedures.
- To carry out work in the correct order.
- To carry out all maintenance within the stated period.
- To report any concerns to the Shift Supervisor
- To inspect the work in accordance with the critical characteristics.
- To be fully conversant with I.P.C. 600F and be able to work to relevant quality standards.
- To ensure that the housekeeping of their work area is to the desired level.
- To ensure that all work output is manufactured and inspected to acceptable quality standards
- To ensure that their charts/maintenance logs are correctly completed and carried out as specified
- Maintain time and attendance to company standards
- Observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks requested from time to time
- No formal qualifications required, good standard of general education.
- Good Timekeeping and attendance
- Able to work 2 shift rotations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high technology production environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team and assist in the smooth running of the department to meet required output
- Excellent workmanship and attention to detail
- Self-disciplined and able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in electronic manufacturing or manufacturing environment, preferred but not essential as full training is given.
- Over 40 years Engineering experience in all aspects of Manufacturing
- 29 days paid holiday per year
- Workplace pension scheme
- Shift allowance
- Excellent on the job training
- Apprenticeship schemes available
- Good transport links and on-site car parking
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- Employee Assistant Programme and Sage Benefits
Zot follows a policy of equal opportunites for employment, training and other conditions of service.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and right to work in the UK will be required prior to commencing employment.
Please note on this occasion Zot will not consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this role. International workers will therefore only be able to take up this role if they can demonstrate an alternative right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in joining us, we would love to hear from you? Please send your CV and a short covering email to [email protected]