Purpose and objectives of the role
A Sheet Metal Operator is an operator who works in the designated department within the Sheet Metal Division. The operator will be trained in several different process machines within that department. They may also be trained to work within different departments within the division.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To Interface with the production management system.
- To follow the prescribed production and quality procedures.
- To carry out work in the correct order.
- To carry out all maintenance within the stated period.
- To report any concerns to the Shift Supervisor
- To inspect the work in accordance with the critical characteristics.
- To ensure that the housekeeping of their work area is to the desired level.
- Maintain time and attendance to company standards.
- Observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks requested from time to time.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Industry is preferred but not essential.
- No formal qualifications required. Good standard of general education,
- Must be organised and have good organisational Skills.
- Good Time keeping and attendance.
- Knowledge of metalworking / engineering
- Able to work shift rotations.
- Good eyesight and attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast paced high technology production environment.
- Previous experience of metalworking / working within a manufacturing setting is preferred but not essential. Full Training is given.
The following shift pattern will be in effect.
6.00am – 2.00pm (Monday to Thursday)
6:00am – 11:30am (Friday)
2.00pm – 10.00pm (Monday to Thursday)
11:30am – 5:00pm (Friday)
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY C.V.’s FROM ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS ROLE
Zot follows a policy of equal opportunites for employment, training and other conditions of service.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and right to work in the UK will be required prior to commencing employment.
Please note on this occasion Zot will not consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this role. International workers will therefore only be able to take up this role if they can demonstrate an alternative right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in joining us, we would love to hear from you? Please send your CV and a short covering email to [email protected]