Purpose and objectives of the role
Assisting with the assembly and sub-assembly of electrical components to a high standard using wiring and soldering following work from written instructions and diagrams.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manual Soldering of through hole components (Surface Mount desirable but not essential)
- Hand assembly work on various products
- Component polarity recognition
- Maintain required standards in the assembly process whilst ensuring good housekeeping disciplines
- Ensure work is carried out in the relevant order or as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain and understand the quality and efficiency required to company standards.
- General Housekeeping within Division
- Observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks requested from time to time.
No formal qualifications required. Good Standard of general education.
- Ability to solder
- Good Manual dexterity
- Capacity to follow work instructions
- Maintain time and attendance to company standards.
- Self-disciplined and able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Good communication skills
- Previous soldering and assembly experience is essential, ideally from within the electronics industry.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610 advantageous
- Over 40 years Engineering experience in all aspects of Manufacturing
- 29 days paid holiday per year (this includes 8 public holidays)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Shift allowance (if applicable to role)
- Excellent on the job training
- Apprenticeship schemes available
- Good transport links and on-site car parking
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- Employee Assistant Programme and Sage Benefits
Zot follows a policy of equal opportunites for employment, training and other conditions of service.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and right to work in the UK will be required prior to commencing employment.
Please note on this occasion Zot will not consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this role. International workers will therefore only be able to take up this role if they can demonstrate an alternative right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in joining us, we would love to hear from you? Please send your CV and a short covering email to [email protected]